Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Jessie in Boots

Jessie stirred up and swimming in hair: india ink wash, yellow ink, red ink, and graphite on rough watercolor paper, 18" x 24"

details:

Process:

I have drawn almost everything in my portfolio thus far from my imagination or memory. Now that I have a larger working space I'm beginning to combine my artistic visions with actual references (live model drawings combined with photographs).

I asked my very glamorous, very beautiful , and very kind friend Jessica to model for me at my studio last week. I threw a "Jerry Hall" wig on her, we did some live drawings, and then we took some pictures...

some of the photos:

she's stunning, no?

From the sketches and photographs I composed this rough.

And then I set to work on my final piece:

pencil

black ink wash for the boots

medium ink was for skin tone, light ink wash for hair

added yellow!

and Ta Da! Pure Glamour!

No comments: